Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Electric Panel Labels

Some things are obvious, others are not. When I first got this boat, I did not know how to start the generator. And I did not know how to use the Macerator Pump. The descriptions in the manuals do not match the control panel labels, so I decided to add some more information - hopefully to eliminate some of the guesswork.
One example, is the Generator "PREHEAT / ON" switch actually energizes the electric Choke and Fuel Pump. You need to press this first and then the "START" switch. There is nothing to PREHEAT!!!!
The "START / RUN" switch, starts the starter and remains "ON". It is also the "OFF" switch. I know, more info. than you need to know.....

And who would know that "AC CONVERTER" means "BATTERY CHARGER"? Well I know, and you do now..................

No comments: